Friday, May 25, 2007

Decatur Art Walk Tonight


The Decatur Arts Alliance is kicking off the weekend with The Decatur Art Walk tonight from 5pm to 10pm. We are featuring new works from local artist Marianne B.

This from the artist...

"Most of my work is acrylic on canvas. The end result is achieved in various stages. Sometimes the live parts of a painting disappear under a thick new layer of paint. The use of transparent paint means the underlying layer remains partially visible. This method of working on canvas can only be felt or surmised by the viewer. This gives the work its tension.

My studio is situated in my modern home and overlooks woods where the wild life is abundant. This is a magical blend of nature and contemporary environment that creates both soothing and stimulating experiences. This may influence or determine the atmosphere in my work, helping me with the choice and mixture of the colors.

My birthplace is in the North of Germany. I lived in the Netherlands and Tanzania (East Africa) before moving to Atlanta in 1993."
~Marianne B

No comments: